Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Apologies

I haven't been keeping up to date with this whatsoever, but it's been an incredibly busy week. I will try and summarize.

 I have met more genuinely interesting people in the past week than I have my entire life.

Orientation Week was amazing. It started with more school spirit than I could handle and lots of team work stuff that was fun for the most part. Then there were the nights which were full of shots, dancing, and meeting loads of people, from journalists to dancers, from fashion to theatre, business to social sciences.  So many people haha, and I love it.

Monday The residence olympics during the day.  Had to hold a watermelon covered in vaseline for legitimately ten minutes.  Good times even though my floor did miserably, what with our awesome cheers. The night seemed to be about party hopping.  Being smashed, going from floor to floor, party to party, running from RA's.  Ridiculously funny.  
Tuesday Similar to monday.
Wednesday Wet n' Wild during the day, a bunch of games involving water which was fun, and was mostly just a giant water fight.  After about an hour though it got really cold, and I have never gotten so many buckets of water in the face in all my years haha. That night was Jungle Pub Night, bought the most ridiculous cheetah print suspenders for it, and it was a lot of fun.
Thursday  My Journalism orientation, met some more people, getting a press pass which is sweet, and realized that this is for real.  Club night was that night and other than an egg fiasco, it was awesome, partied to the best music and then walked home downtown toronto at 3 AM. Nobigdeal. Brilliant.
Friday More partying.
Saturday Exhausted from the constant late nights, a day at Wasaga Beach was perfect to restore and relax.  Probably the last real chance at tanning this summer too.
Sunday Went for lunch with Stef and Emily which was really nice, and then the Mardi Gras Boat Cruise at night which was decent, the best parts being the view of the skyline and the people I met.
Monday Was restful considering we had class the next day.  I realized that I knew exactly how to get to the Eaton Centre and all around it, and I was able to find Adrienne's cousins house that was about a 15 minute walk from campus in the opposite direction.  Toronto I will conquer you.  Maybe.
Today First class and it was intense!  It was the first of two journalism courses this semester, and we already had to do an interview, write an article, and meet a deadline.  It was stressful and my article sucked but at the same time it felt incredible and looking back at it now, I loved it.

I'm looking forward to this year, what I will learn and what I will experience.   But I am also returning to Windsor this weekend.  It's been a long two weeks and my dorm room needs more of my stuff. Wish I had enough energy to go into details.
Until something exciting happens!

No comments:

Post a Comment